Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Off the Richter Scale


My dear friends and family, my its been a long time. Four moves, 2 semesters, one internship, and one graduation later, I'm back! Back to the blogging world. Being a new stay at home mom, I'm going a little bit crazy trying to fill my time with MEANINGFUL enjoyment. I don't know a single soul in VA, so now is a great time to get caught up on our blog.

Ruby eats. Ruby is, according to her pediatrician "off the richter scale for weight." However she said it wasn't necessary to put her on a diet. I find it funny that her cousins struggled with gaining weight, but not my Ruby! Home girl is well above the 100th percentile. But I don't think she looks like she is. She's in the 70th percentile for height, she is so active, and now she's starting to walk.

I love how she walks as though she is walking through mud puddles, lifting her legs so high and deliberately. She is so cute!

Ruby speaks. Ruby says things like "hi", "Bye", "Mama", "Dada", "Poppop", "Gigi", "Baba", "woof", "Thank you", and "Charlie" (Charlie is my parents dog). Turns out she loves dogs.

Well, Ruby woke from her nap. Time to read, play, and look outside at the rain!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Yea a new post!! I'm so glad you have time to blog again. I look forward to sharing your adventures in a new place.

angelalois said...

well hot dog, that gal is a good eater! maybe her new cousin will follow suit and not scare us to death being in the 3rd percentile. I wonder if Ruby will slim a bit as she walks??? that's what I've heard. thanks for posting!!

Kurt said...

3rd percentile? Ruby's other cousin- Leanna, is in the like 1/2 percentile! Wow, amazing that we will soon have 5 little ones in the family!

About Me

My photo
Brad and Leslie meet in Maryland when Brad was about to turn 3 and Leslie was just born. They grew up in the same ward for a while and eventually got married when Leslie was only 19 and Brad was 22. They are currently attending school at BYU. Brad is an Information Technology major, and Leslie is a Public Health major. They plan to stay in UT for 4 years and go to grad school during that time. Leslie and Brad are expecting a baby September 22, 2010. They are so excited!